About this topic
How was 2012? What plans for 2013?
What others are thinking. Add to the conversation and generate some chatter.
Save this article for a later read or point of reference. +Instapaper
Life has been busy from past couple of months because of back-2-back two intensive projects. This blog update has been due for quite some time. Here it comes.
2012 has been a good year to me - professionally - although it started with a bad note. My last New Year Eve was in hospital. My wife got operated and her Gall Bladder was removed. We still don't know what actually was wrong with her Gall bladder. All good now.
Some Good parts of 2012
- I switched jobs. Joined an awesome organization after a decade+ long career in large services industry. Change happens for good.
- Spoke at a large Java Conference . Good Experience. Networking helps.
- Moved this blog to Jenkins/Git.
- Started with SICP course. The book is just amazing. Sticking and being regular is the problem.
- Started with Clojure - which goes hand in hand with SICP
- Started with couple of Coursera courses - but paused now.
On personal front
- Bought a new Honday City SMT - Red color - it just flies
- Got my son admitted to a Good school. Culture + Values
- Had a good vacation at the end of the year. Wife is happy - thats what matters
- Good quality time with Family - since I work from home.
Read few good books
- Clojure Programming (Still reading :) )
- Well grounded Java developer
- Chanakya's Chant
- The Immortals of Meluha
- IIMA-Day to Day Economics etc
Some not so good parts of 2012
My right eye problem (seems to be choroiditis) has come back after couple of years. Hoping that 2013 will put an end to this issue. Have been on steorids.
That wraps up 2012. Thats what I remember (the ones which I dont are probably not that significant )
Some plans for 2013
Coming to the plans for 2013, they say A picture is worth 1000 words; so I have come up with a tech radar for the 2013 (the highlight of this blog entry ;) ).
Above is the Thoughtworks style of radar of my focus areas for 2013. This radar is in Git and probably it might change few times before the end of year :). But the good thing is that - the chagnes will be tracked.
Feel free to comment on the post but keep it clean and on topic.blog comments powered by Disqus